Local mum Andrea Murphy is looking forward to Mother’s Day with her brood
Looking for a gift idea for Mum? Here on the Hinterland, we have everything from pampering treats to delicious eats.
- The Orangery, Maleny, is perfect for morning coffee, lunch, or afternoon tea. Mum can savour gluten-free cakes and wholesome homemade meals in a traditional Queenslander with breezy verandahs and big open spaces. Call 5435 2545.
- Maybe a voucher for a cut and colour, or a wash and blow-dry at Nellie’s Creative Hair design in Maleny, to make Mum feel like a new woman! Using eco-friendly, Australian-made, organic and cruelty-free products, so no guilt involved. Call 0438 785443.
- For coffee and home-baked cake or high tea in another Hinterland setting, you can’t beat Elements at Montville. Overlook the Kondalilla Falls enjoying a scrumptious breakfast or light lunch and peruse the quirky and stylish gift store afterwards. Phone 5478 6212
- Visit Wayne at 4CP in Woombye where you can personalise mugs, keyrings, T-shirts, pretty much anything, with a message for Mum or a photo she would love. Shop 8/188 Blackall Street, Woombye. Phone 5442 3341.
- The Terrace Seafood Restaurant in Maleny has an exceptional view and a tempting selection of platters filled with lobster, crab, Moreton Bay bug, prawns and, for those who don’t feel like seafood, tasty tapas! Phone 54943700.
- Illume Creations in Montville have unique and beautiful pendants, glass jewellery, pens, tealights, pottery and more, to give your mum something truly unique. Shop 4, Mayfield, 127-133 Main Street, Montville. Call 5478 5440.
- Perhaps some wine tasting followed by a Sunday brunch set in the vineyards of Flame Hill in Western Avenue, Montville, would be more Mum’s thing? Good food, fine wine and sweeping views to the ocean await! Call 5479 5920.
- If your mother enjoys art and craft, a visit to Chiyogami Designs in Mapleton could be just the thing. Specialist origami papers and washi tape in a multitude of colours and designs, exquisite work by local artists, handcrafted jewellery, soaps, cards and much more. Shop 1, Obi Obi Road, Mapleton.
- Flaxton Gardens is also a fantastic foodie option, with a special Mother’s Day menu and views to take her breath away, so she can feel extremely special. Phone 5445 7450 to book.
- Most mums would probably agree that a popular present is some time to relax! A visit to the Montville Day Spa will hit the spot, or rather rejuvenate it, with saunas, massage, manicures, pedicures, facials and all manner of relaxing and pampering options to choose from. Call 0456 173389 for more information.