grown up on the Sunshine Coast and have lived in Queensland most of my life. This has given me a great perspective for what needs to done for managing future development strategically on the Sunshine Coast. My accumulated knowledge and experiences from married life with two children, the attainment of my bachelor of laws and science degrees and working full time at TAFE are very important skills for my becoming your mayor on the Sunshine Coast.
People of the Sunshine Coast region deserve a mayor with the strategic vision to ensure the Council works with innovation, drive and ambition to see that the community way of life is prosperous and sustainable for all future generations.
As your mayor of the Sunshine Coast, the Council would be engaged by me so as to ensure;
1. Aspects of the Sustainable transport policy 2011-2031 are modified such that the free travel for commuters is part of a considered outcome for that strategic plan.
2. Council affirms for businesses its support the introduction of light rail system interconnecting the coastal strip, the airport and existing rail network in a sustainable way been implemented.
3. Incentives in the form of a rebate be a considered outcome and given to homeowners or developers where sound and permanent energy efficient principles and features are incorporated into the planning and design of new buildings and additions to existing ones.
4. Total exemptions on water charges to be considered as part of a general rate exemption for those who live totally self- sufficiently with their own water supply.
5. There is enhanced protection of the Sunshine Coast’s coastline, marine life, beaches, rivers and parks.
6. There is support for the development of a policy to have child care services provided in-house by Council to assist families to make costs affordable.
7. Council affirms its support for local communities demanding to have development applications that are put to Council rejected where the reception of 80% of ratepayers objections within a postcode area for such a demand.
8. Support a rates reduction plan to be applied to all sporting clubs operating sporting facilities for young people of ages 18 years or under.
9. Support the expansion plan of the Sunshine Coast Airport.